Saturday, November 11, 2006

Busienss English - Host Meetings

Welcome
Once everyone has arrived, the chairperson, or whoever is in charge of the meeting should formally welcome everyone to the meeting and thank the attendees for coming.
* Well, since everyone is here, we should get started.
* Hello, everyone. Thank you for coming today.
* I think we'll begin now. First I'd like to welcome you all.
* Thank you all for coming at such short notice.
* I really appreciate you all for attending today.
* We have a lot to cover today, so we really should begin.
Sample Welcome:
Pierre: I think we'll begin now. First I'd like to welcome you all and thank everyone for coming, especially at such short notice. I know you are all very busy and it's difficult to take time away from your daily tasks for meetings.

Tnanks Sunflower for sharing this.

0 comments: