Friday, March 30, 2007

How to Make a Complaint Politely

In the working place, it is very important to know how to make a complaint politely.

  • Listen to that racket/noise. I can't work with all that talking all the time.
  • Why don't you just ask them to keep it down? I'm sure they don't even realize they were bothering you.
  • I don't know. I don't want to be rude. But, to tell you the truth, I'm at my wit's end.
  • I'm sure if you asked them to close the door, they'd do it. Just ask them politely. Don't make it a big deal.
  • Hey, Rob and Mary. Could I ask you two a big favor?
  • Sure. What's up?
  • Well, I hate to complain, but do you think it would be possible to close the door some of the time?
  • My cube's right across the hall, and I have trouble concentrating when I hear you talking.
  • I'm so sorry. We had no idea we were bothering you. I am glad you spoke up.

0 comments: