Wednesday, March 28, 2007

How to Say "No"

There are a few ways to say "No", depending on the importance of the request.

  • Please join us for the dinner on Friday night.
  • I'd love to, but I've made plans. Thanks for asking.
  • Are you going to the lunch meeting?
  • Please excuse me. Something has just come up.
  • Would you like to join us at the bar later?
  • Well, I'm not sure...let me think about it.
  • Do you think you will be able to finish the job by Friday?
  • Hmm...I'm not sure. Maybe./Well, I would like a little more time.
  • Would you like to join our sports team?
  • I'm sorry. I wish I could, but I do appreciate your asking.
  • We would like you to come to our weekend party.
  • That's kind of you to ask, thank you. I wish I could, but I'm afraid I must go home.

0 comments: